The vision of the Sport SEN is to develop a vibrant sports social enterprise sector where the benefits of using sport and physical activity to positively impact society is clear to everyone. Embedded within communities, sport social enterprises should play a central role in shaping local services where sport is the delivery tool.
The Sport SEN was developed in response to the needs of the sector and exists to create a supportive environment where sport social enterprises can be informed, inspired, connected, and work together to help each other and create strong and flourishing organisations. It also provides a strong representational voice and ensures that the value to society of sport social enterprises is recognised.
We would like to see social enterprise as the operating model of choice to contribute to building a connected, locally focused, and sustainable community sport and leisure sector in Scotland.
The aims of this thematic SEN are:
- Increase awareness and understanding of social enterprises and their contribution to Scotland’s community sport and leisure landscape
- Promote the role our members play in tackling inequalities and addressing wider social issues
- Represent members’ interests and influence decision makers and policy areas
- Facilitate peer learning and networking opportunities between Sport SEN members and across other thematic/local SE networks
- Ensure members are better informed, supported and connected
- Ensure that the contribution of social enterprises who are using sport and physical activity as a tool to address wider social issues is recognised and valued
The Sport SEN works in partnership with the thematic and local SENs across Scotland, connecting and encouraging SEs to work collaboratively.