Senscot Partnership & Procurement Co-ordinator Vacancy
JOB DESCRIPTION: Partnership & Procurement Co-ordinator
Responsible to: Senscot Networks and Development Manager
Location: Glasgow or Edinburgh
Salary: £30,000 p/a
Supporting Social Enterprise Alliance supports the development and growth of social enterprises, including Social Firms, at both a local and national level. Together, it seeks to influence and contribute effectively to development of policies that add value to communities across Scotland. This includes raising awareness of social enterprise – through various channels – promoting good practice; identifying real issues that are affecting the development of social enterprises – and, in partnership with others, seeking to offer solutions.
This particular initiative seeks to fill a gap in the existing support landscape through a dedicated programme and resource to give practical support to social enterprise in identifying and responding effectively to emerging tender opportunities.
To deliver a dedicated programme – providing practical support to social enterprise in identifying and responding effectively to emerging tender opportunities, including facilitating social enterprise partnerships and consortia development.
• Linking with social enterprises and social firms across Scotland to assess interest and capacity with regard to bidding for contracts
• Highlighting contract opportunities to social enterprises and social firms and providing support for cluster, consortia and partnership development both geographically and thematically
• Building links with key public sector procurers (E.G Local Authorities; NHS Trusts; Scottish Govt etc) in regard to both current and future tendering opportunities
• Establish a promotional strategy/high profile for the programme
• Establish links with other third sector intermediaries (national/local/thematic)
• Working closely with Ready for Business Consortium partners via Developing Markets contract and Just Enterprise programme
• Organise and facilitate bespoke training events and seminars with regard to tender writing; joint working
• Represent the SSE Alliance at events both locally and nationally
• Produce Case Studies as exemplars of good practice in partnership/joint working; consortium building.
• Liaise with Senscot Legal re development of appropriate templates for partnership working/consortium building
• Produce regular reports as required by SSE Alliance partners and Scottish Government
We are looking for someone with:
• Direct experience and/or knowledge of the social enterprise and/or community sector in Scotland.
• Direct experience and/or knowledge of public sector tendering and procurement procedures in Scotland
• Familiarity with the policy context – Procurement & Service Reform
• Direct experience of developing partnerships and consortia
• Demonstrable project management experience
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Strong IT skills
• Proven ability to meet operational deadlines
• Willingness to travel throughout Scotland (some evening/weekend work may be required)
Terms and Conditions:
• 35 hour working week – Senscot operates a TOIL system
• Annual leave entitlement is 25 days plus 10 public holidays
• Notice period – 8 weeks
• Senscot is committed to the active promotion of Equal Opportunities as an employer and in its provision of services to the community