Take A Bow Development Trust was first established as a Musical Theatre and Dance Company, based in Kilmarnock – that providing a range of classes for local children aged 2-16 years.
Take A Bow’s aim was to introduce children to musical theatre with singing, dancing and acting through weekly term time classes leading to full scale productions on a fully professional working stage. All Classes were provided by qualified and experienced tutors in all principals of the arts, I.e. Music, dance, acting, stage and costume design – with 9 separate shows being produced each year.
Take A Bow was based at the former New Farm Loch Community Centre in Kilmarnock. Following a review of the community facilities in the area, the Council decided that they were going to close the facility. In response to this, Take A Bow then expressed an interest in taking over the facility – and sought to restructure into Take A Bow Development Trust – establishing a new SCIO with the help of Senscot Legal in January 2019.
Over the last 18 months the organisation has been successful in its application to the Council for the transfer of the building.
Key points to note:
- Changed the structure of the organisation – Take A Bow Development Trust – now established as a SCIO with the help of Senscot Legal. – New Board of Trustees formed January 2019.
- Agreement with the Council for a 25-year lease for the building – with a view to the full asset transfer being progressed in 2020.
- Take A Bow Development Trust have been managing the facility since January 2019.
- Secured £50,000 from the Renewable Energy Fund – this has been sued to install a stage; redecoration; upgrade the facility.
- The new Take A Bow Opportunity Centre – as it is now called delivers the musical theatre programme; provides facilities for other local organisations; children parties; functions; etc.
- The organisation is now introducing a new Opportunities Programme to test out local interest in a programme of activity in response to local needs.
In terms of the future, the organisation is starting work for the following:
- Full Asset Transfer of the Building form East Ayrshire Council
- Undertake a Feasibility Study for the upgrading and extension of the facility
- Secure capital funding for the development works – circa £1m
- Develop and extend the opportunities programme
For further information, contact:
Take A Bow Development Trust
Kilmarnock KA3 7PH
Tel: Opportunity Centre: 01563 535333; Performing Arts: 07504 816132