Movement Evolution Scotland CIC is a both Health SEN and Sport SEN member that has been set up with with three key social objectives.
• to increase participation in ‘free spirit’ sports and physical activities in Grampian;
• to improve the health and wellbeing of the Grampian population and beyond; and
• to close the attainment gap in the Grampian area through physical activity and ‘free spirit’ sports.
They are determined to ensure that children have the opportunity to access quality movement education and a variety of sports which will encourage them to discover a lifelong love of physical activity. They aim to do so by creating environments which promote learning through fun and freedom, young people can develop their athletic ability and grow to become socially skilled, confident, healthy individuals.
By contributing to the improvement in the health and wellbeing of the Grampian population and beyond, MES hopes to help reduce the strain on the NHS and other state services.
They aim to do so by:
• Increasing the number of children taking part in the recommended amount of quality physical activity.
• Improving the quality of physical movement and fitness sessions delivered to children and young people.
• Inspiring all children to find sports or physical activities that they enjoy, increasing the number of individuals with a lifelong love of physical movement and activity, so they can be fit for life.
• Increasing engagement with the outdoors, and the environment around us, to support positive physical and mental wellbeing.
• Increasing the number of children who can benefit from quality physical activity sessions by developing more professionals, with expertise surrounding healthy exercise and fundamental movement protocols for children and young people.
MES will be looking to work in partnership with sports governing bodies and other organisations to engage in quality sports development programmes in Grampian for ‘free spirit’ sports and physical activity – and helping to close the attainment gap in the Grampian area through physical activity and ‘free spirit’ sports.
They provide a wide range of activities from ‘camps’ for all ages to the Movement Evolution Academy which, again for all ages, run a series of programmes throughout the year.
For more information, contact:
Movement Evolution CIC
33 Millside Road