MENSELF + (Men Encouraging and Nurturing Self Efficacy to Live life Fully) offers a range of innovative and relevant educational support services with a view to improving the health and well-being of men in Scotland.
Menself+ facilitates access to existing health services and appropriate health related information to men living in Scotland by providing a mobile Men’s Health Promotion Campaign particularly for those who are suffering ill health as a result of circumstances including relationship issues.
Their main aims are to:
- improve the status of male health.
- encourage men to take responsibility for their health and well-being.
- reduce preventable disease, injury, disability, and premature death including suicide.
- reduce the impact of alcohol and drug abuse.
- enhance a sense of well-being and social connectedness.
MENSELF+ seeks to achieve their aims by:
- providing accurate and up to date health related information to men and families through the delivery of a mobile MOT 4 MEN programme.
- promoting and supporting relevant and appropriate local, national and global campaigns linked to men’s health.
- developing partnership initiatives with key agencies, organisations and community groups in various localities throughout Scotland.
Menself believes that health programmes and messages need to journey to where men are already gathering, in places such as the workplace, community events or festivals, the pub or sporting venues etc. Research suggests that men tend to engage more in health promotion events when they are attached to other events or places that they are already involved with.
For further info, contact:
MENSELF + CIC (Ltd)
107 Portland Street