GSEN is a membership-led organisation of social enterprises. By supporting, promoting and developing social enterprise it aims to create an environment in Glasgow in which social enterprise is able to flourish.
- facilitate a safe space for members to come together to share resources, ideas and experiences. offer a platform for members to form partnerships and collaborations.
- provide information and signposting to specialist services.
- provide an outlet for awareness raising of social enterprises, their products and services through our events and communication channels
- engage and consult with social enterprises to ensure their views are represented at the appropriate levels, locally, nationally and internationally.
- enable opportunities for trading between members, the community, public sector and private sector.
- provide and enable access to events and training.
- undertake research to influence strategic and policy development.
In June 2013 Glasgow SEN published research that mapped out the scale of activity in the city and it showed social enterprises had a combined annual income of £767 million. This was followed up with an updated report published in Sept 2015 that showed a rise to £881 million combined annual income. A further commitment was made to repeat, and as a result we now know that in 2017 Glasgow is home to 732 social enterprises with a total combined income of £1.1bn. Download the latest report here.
GSEN are currently working with Glasgow City Council to develop a co-produced social enterprise strategy for the city, which is due to be published in early 2018.
Glasgow SEN Highlights 2014/15