Edinburgh Social Enterprise support and promote social enterprise in Edinburgh.
Edinburgh Social Enterprise offer the following support and services:
- Peer support – bringing members together to discuss and share their experiences, good practice and ideas through networking and training events
- Facilitating trading – across members and between social enterprises, private companies and public sector organisations
- Facilitating cooperation and collaboration – across social enterprises, private companies and public sector organisations to enable community benefit
- Branding – of Social Enterprise through Doogie Goodstuff and ‘Buy the Good Stuff’ to raise awareness and recognition
- Awareness raising – across the public, the public sector and private sector of the community, societal, environmental and economic benefits of social enterprise
- Capacity building – of people and organisations to develop the skills and knowledge required to create, run, manage and govern a social enterprise.
- One to one support – for new and aspiring social enterprises and entrepreneurs where there are gaps in existing service provision or knowledge
- Research –working with academic partners to research social enterprise approaches and their impact.
- Engagement, consultation and representation – with social enterprises and stakeholders, ensuring the sector’s views and interests are represented within community planning and other relevant forums
- Information and signposting –on support services, events, training and opportunities provide by other local and national partners