|Category:||Finance & Accountancy|
|Salary:||£20,500 – £23,500 p/a|
About the Company
“Upward Mobility is a registered Scottish charity working in Edinburgh and Lothian region providing innovative, educational workshops and personalised support for people with learning and other complex disabilities.
Our goal is to promote the self-confidence and social welfare of our students through assistance to engage with meaningful and progressive educational activities, aiding their development of practical, social and life skills and their ability and confidence to participate more fully in society.”
Salary: £20,500 – £23,500 p/a
Full-time or part-time, Permanent
Closing date: Noon on Monday, 27 June
Are you interested in seeing your finance skills contribute to positive futures?
UpMo is searching for a new Finance Administrator, who would be responsible for providing administrative support to the Corporate Services function. The post will be primarily focused on supporting purchasing, invoicing, debtor monitoring, and monthly payroll activity.
Your work will contribute to UpMo’s organisational vision of supporting people with disabilities to achieve their dreams and aspirations, through workshops and a range of tailored support. UpMo need someone who is as interested in day to day finance work as they are in development opportunities.
If you would like a full list of the responsibilities involved with the role, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The expectation is for all staff to work in accordance with the ethos of the organisation, and to follow current policies and procedures.
Part-time roles may be considered.
UpMo is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from all individuals are encouraged. Regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships – they would like you to join!
UpMo is looking for an individual with solid experience in administering finance, with experience in using finance systems, preferably Xero. Relevant training or qualifications would be advantageous and you must have effective interpersonal and organisational skills.
The essential and desirable requirements for any applicants are listed below:
Essential qualifications, experience and skills:
– Ability to demonstrate the skills required to undertake the duties associated with this level of post gained through working in a similar role OR Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework level 4 in English and Mathematics (National 4) or equivalent, and some experience of working in a similar role.
– Relevant financial administrative experience plus essential qualifications OR evidence of progression and development gained through strong relevant work experience
– Experience in using an accounting/purchasing software package
– Excellent IT skills including Excel, Word, and Outlook
– A high degree of both speed and accuracy
– Tact, patience and diplomacy
– Effective oral and written communication skills
– Ability to use own initiative, and work under minimal supervision and to strict deadlines
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Commitment to continuous improvement and a proactive approach to preventing and solving problems e.g. error rate reductions
Desirable qualifications, experience and skills:
– A finance qualification e.g. CIPP qualification (a bonus but not necessary
– Experience using Xero accounting software would be preferable. If you have no experience, training will be provided.
– An up to date and comprehensive knowledge of payroll procedures
– Knowledge of income tax and National Insurance legislation
– Ability to perform manual payroll calculations
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Social Entrepreneurs Network Scotland (Senscot) is registered as a Scottish charity under Scottish Charity No. SC029210 and as a limited company under Company Registration No. SC278156. Its registered office is at 41 Miller Street, Glasgow.