International Social Enterprise Programme
Scotland has played a leading role in developing the social enterprise model around the world. Particular highlights include hosting the first ever Social Enterprise World Forum in 2008 and the Social Enterprise Exchange in 2012. We want this to continue and have developed a support programme to encourage social enterprises with a genuine global reach to be based in Scotland. On 27 March 2012, at the Social Enterprise Exchange in Glasgow, the First Minister of Scotland, announced the Scottish Government’s strategy: The International Social Enterprise Programme. The programme features three key elements:
* Headquarters grant of up to £20,000 per year
* Ministerial ambassadorial support
* Referral to appropriate business development support
Who can apply?
Application criteria. Organisations would need to meet the following eligibility criteria to apply to the International Social Enterprise Programme:
* Can you evidence that your organisation is a social enterprise or third sector organisation?
* Is your social enterprise based (or will be based) in Scotland in 2012-13?
* Do you operate in at least two continents beyond Europe?
* Do you have a proven track record of establishing or developing social enterprise in those countries where you operate?
* Please submit your completed application form and supporting documents by emailing them as an attachment to email@example.com
* All applications must arrive by 12 noon on 30 June 2012.
* We will acknowledge receipt of your application form within 10 working days.
* We will check your application meets the eligibility criteria and that you submitted the application form by the deadline date. If you pass these checks we will proceed to score your application.
* If you are unsuccessful at this stage we will send you a letter stating we have decided not to proceed with your application.
* As part of our assessment process we may contact you and potentially ask you to provide further information.
* Our assessment panel will make a decision based on the application criteria above.