The fund is to be used to provide support for strategic projects in the Highland region which create opportunities and empower communities. Fund awards range from £10k all the way to £1m.
The fund is to be used to provide support for strategic projects in the Highland region meeting one or more of the following outcomes: Creating opportunities – create or enhance opportunities for education and employment through activities that develop skills and improve an individual’s chance of entering the workplace; Empowering communities – empower communities to become more resilient and protect vulnerable residents through measures which demonstrate long-term social, environmental or economic improvements.; sustainable places – stimulate meaningful regeneration to improve or enhance local infrastructure, landscape, biodiversity or heritage and make a lasting difference to the places we live, work and visit. Successful projects will have the potential to make a significant and sustainable difference to people within the region. For example, initiatives which combat the effects of rural isolation, developing local energy projects, establishing an apprenticeship scheme, or projects which generate income to provide communities with long term revenue streams.
For further information and to apply, please visit: http://fundingscotland.com/Funds/Fund/a0Rb0000005h9pHEAQ-sse—highland-sustainable-development-fund
- Private/for Profit Organisation
- When to apply:
- By 12 Noon on Wednesday 31 January 2018.
- Next deadline:
- 31 Jan 2018
- Charities only:
- 01463 728069
- How to apply
- Application forms can be requested from SSE or downloaded from the website.
- This fund lists a large number of exclusions. See the website for details.
Fund Award Sizes
- No average provided
- Anually Awarded:
- Notes on Award Amounts:
- In exceptional circumstances, they may consider applications up to 100% of total costs but would encourage groups to leverage other external funding towards the project.
- No fund specific website
- No funder email
- No funder phone number
- Inveralmond House, 200 Dunkeld Road, , Perth, PH1 3AQ