Turn2Us has been providing financial support to residents in Edinburgh since 2011 through the Edinburgh Trust. Until now, the Trust has focused on providing financial support to people needing short term help for themselves and their families.
The trust is now looking to fund and support new and innovative projects in Edinburgh, which can provide more lasting and longer term positive impacts to:
- Help improve lives
- Reduce poverty
- Get the best out of the people and resources in our communities.
The Edinburgh Trust is looking to provide seed funding to project/enterprise ideas that are:
- New and developmental
- Utilising the strengths of the local community and supported by it
- Scalable and replicable in the longer term
- Unlikely to be able to secure funding from other sources of support at this early stage of their development
- Able to help deliver poverty alleviation through one or more of the Scottish Government’s ‘Four Ps’ Routes out of Poverty’ (Click the link for some descriptions of the Four Ps and types of projects that might fit into each category).
We’re looking for applications from people:
- Who really know their community
- Can easily identify the strengths
- Can tell us how these can be built upon.