The Coalfields Regeneration Trust is looking for enterprising organisations to take part in the 2017 Coalfields Community Challenge.
Awards up to a maximum of £10,000 will be made to a limited number of applicants on a competitive basis at a Dragons’ Den style event.
The aims of the fund are to:
- Support entrepreneurial organisations to overcome barriers to developing their business idea, both new and existing ideas will be considered.
- Encourage enterprise development for organisations addressing skills development, employment and improving health and well-being
To be eligible to apply the applicant must be:
- Located in a former Coalfield community.
- Demonstrate a clear business idea.
- Able to commence the project by 31st March 2018 and spend any award made within one year.
- Have an annual income of less than £100 000.
Applications will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Quality of the business idea.
- Evidence of the market.
- Potential impact of your idea on your organisation.
- How realistic and clearly explained the project costs are.
- Quantifiable measures of success.
To take part:
- Contact David Wright to discuss your idea / proposal.
- Complete a simple application form with a summary of your idea and your development and funding needs.
- Meet with the assessment team to discuss your idea.
- Up to 5 entries will be selected to pitch their idea to the Coalfields Community Challenge Dragons Den.
The deadline for applications is 10th November 2017
Our assessment team will identify up to five ideas which hold the greatest potential to develop their social enterprise and benefit former coalfield communities. Additionally, we will look at evidence of need, market for the social enterprise and the capacity of the organisation to deliver the work.
Successful applicants will receive a package of business and development support tailored to help them develop their idea. In addition they will be given the chance to take part in the Dragons’ Den where they will have the opportunity to pitch for one of the financial prizes.
For those not selected we will where possible provide advice and/or support to help you progress the idea.
In the first instance and to check for eligibility please contact David Wright on 01259 272127 or email firstname.lastname@example.org