REHIS Food Allergy Awareness Training
The Food Allergy Awareness Training Course* is a professionally and nationally recognised certificated course which aims to raise awareness of issues around allergies, coeliac disease & intolerances and of how to cater for sufferers in a variety of contexts. It is now a legal requirement** that caterers provide correct information about what is in food to consumers and this interesting and useful course, delivered by our highly experienced trainers, is suitable for all who work in the provision of food.
What is covered by this course?
- Understand the needs of people with allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease and the challenges of choosing suitable food in various contexts
- Know which foods are most likely to cause reactions
- Understand about related conditions such as asthma, eczema and allergic rhinitis
- Gain insight into the needs of particular groups – babies, young children, teenagers and older people
- Know how to choose, prepare and serve suitable food for somebody with a food allergy, coeliac disease or intolerance
- Understand environmental allergy risks in the workplace
- Understand allergen management and available resources
Who is this course for?
- Restaurants, cafes, community cafes, hotels, nurseries, schools, community centres, carers, hospitals and anyone working in the provision of food
(Please note that Allergy Action require attendees to bring photographic I.D.)