Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland
ALLERGY AWARENESS TRAINING
12th Dec, Canongate Youth Project, Infirmary Street, 10-1.30PM, £37.50
Food Allergy Awareness Training is a professionally and nationally recognised certificated course which aims to raise awareness of issues around allergies, coeliac disease & intolerances and of how to cater for sufferers in a variety of contexts.
It is now a legal requirement that caterers provide correct information about what is in food to consumers and this interesting and useful course, delivered by our highly experienced trainers, is suitable for all who work in the provision of food.
|What is covered by this course?|
- Understand the needs of people with allergies, intolerances and coeliac disease
- Know which foods are most likely to cause reactions
- Understand about related conditions such as asthma, eczema and allergic rhinitis
- Know how to choose, prepare and serve suitable food for a sufferer
- Understand environmental allergy risks in the workplace
- Understand allergen management and available resources
|Who is this course for?|
- Restaurants, cafes, community cafes, hotels, nurseries, schools, community centres, carers, hospitals and anyone working in the provision of food
- PLEASE NOTE THIS IS NOT A DIAGNOSTIC COURSE. IF YOU THINK YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW HAS A FOOD ALLERGY, INTOLERANCE OR COELIAC DISEASE PLEASE SPEAK TO YOUR GP.
Please get in touch for more information/bookings: email@example.com / 0131 467 7326