- Do you work or volunteer as a Food Handler? Do you handle food as part of work or volunteering?
- Are you looking for work and want to improve your CV?
- Have you already achieved the Elementary Food Hygiene certificate but need a refresher?
This interesting and useful course is designed for all food handlers working in all aspects of the food industry, including: catering/licensed trade, food production and processing industries, restaurants & cafés and for those in caring and voluntary situations involving food preparation or handling. It is also highly relevant for anyone who cooks at home!
We will be delivering this course online using the platform Zoom. The course will take place over two days on Wednesday 29th and Thursday 30th September 9.30am-1pm. You MUST attend both sessions to complete the Food Hygiene course, if you miss one of these session you will need to repeat the course.
We will require participants to have a webcam and microphone to participate.
Places on our courses are competitively priced at £45 per person, including course materials, a certificate on successful completion of the course and – if necessary – one resit.
What do you get out of it?
- Learn skills for the workplace and the home – prepare food safely and confidently!
- Interested in getting into catering? – Improve your CV and add to your skill set
- Satisfy legal requirements in the workplace
- Ensure the safety of your customers & service users
Who is it suitable for?
The course is open to everyone and is suitable for all those whose work or volunteering involves the handling or preparation of food.
A good level of language comprehension is required. People with any learning difficulties or literacy issues can get extra help by arrangement. Course materials and exam papers are available in a wide variety of languages. Please let us know in advance if you require foreign language resources.
Are you an employer? – Comply with current EU 852/2004 Regulations on the Hygiene of Foodstuffs and the new Food Hygiene (UK) Regulations 2006.
The course takes seven hours and includes a short examination. Topics covered are:
- Bacteria and their Characteristics
- The Incidence of Food Poisoning and its Prevention
- Personal Hygiene and Working Habits for the Food Handler
- The Working Environment
- Cleaning Practices
- Common Food Pests and their Control
- Food Safety Legislation
“Very professionally done, very well presented, extremely informative. It was an excellent course.”
“The course was very good. We felt very welcome. We were well-informed and any questions/queries were answered. There were open discussions/views within the group but [the trainer] also kept to time.”