The Touring Network are excited to announce that they will be hosting BRAW Revealed in September 2019 – and you’re invited!
WHAT IS BRAW REVEALED?
BRAW Revealed is the culmination of 2 year action research project, BRAW.
We will explore what happened when we propelled 3 devising artists, 3 promoters and 1 first-time animateur into an open-ended experiment into rural touring – examining what happened when trialling some new approaches (with some spectacularly good and not-so-good results!)
WHAT TO EXPECT ON THE DAY
It will be a day of sharing, learning and doing, where we will explore the stories, experiences and outcomes from those involved, your thoughts about what happened and how the BRAW format could contribute to the innovatation of rural touring in the future.
- THE MISSION – To create truly vibrant new work for rural audiences.
- THE INVITATION – Be brave, take a leap of faith and feel the fear.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Anyone interested in rural touring ( especially those looking for a dose of inspiration) and helping us figure out ‘what next?’ This event is open to
- Promoters, Programmers, Community Leaders
- Devising Performers
- Rural Touring Networks
- Voluntary Sector Arts
- Cultural Sector
- Funding Bodies
Wednesday 25th September 2019 10am – 5.30pm. (Delegate Registration from 9.30am)
Inverness, Eden Court One-Touch Theatre
£25 (includes lunch)
- There will be a limited number of delegate passes available, we recommend booking early.
- Early bird passes available £20 (available until 7th August)
- Members of The Touring Network can apply for travel bursaries (available by application if travelling over 50 miles)
WHAT IS BRAW?
BRAW is a two year action research project which is examining artistic vibrancy, relevance and impact by deepening the relationships between three devising performers and three rural communities.Thanks to a ‘Test and Explore’ Grant from The Paul Hamlyn Foundation, The Touring Network and The Experience Business have designed an open – ended experiment aimed to explore and innovate the format of rural touring. This event has been supported by Eden Court.