At Home in East Lothian
At Home in East Lothian has been set up by Social Enterprise in East Lothian Ltd (SEEL). SEEL is a network organisation, supporting people and organisations living and working in East Lothian. Their members use business as a way of tackling the social, economic and environmental issues that are important to their area.
At Home in East Lothian (AHiEL) has been set up as a trading arm of SEEL and operates as a social enterprise. Set up in January 2015, it now has 14 staff – 10 of whom are care workers – and offer a range of services to families who want to make their own care arrangements or via referrals from East Lothian Council to provide a personal care service for certain clients, particularly those who need help to get home from hospital.
You may be referred from the Council directly or you can ask AHiEL to provide additional support to you as a private client for services that the Council is unable to fund.
The objectives of the service are to provide a care service that is:
• Focused on localised delivery by developing people as Home Care Workers who have the values base to provide excellent support
• Provides continuity for the client and the Home Care Worker
• Ensures stability of staffing where consistency builds authentic relationships and offers companionship
• Involves the client as far as possible in choosing their Home Care Worker. Every effort will be made to recruit staff who are living close to the clients’ home to encourage reliability and stability
• Provides an all-inclusive, flexible service to older people and their informal carers
• The client will have the opportunity to move beyond activities of daily living and staff will encourage innovation and creativity
• Adapt to the changing profiles and aspirations of older people.
For further info, contact: